The most fun is “Change” and “Growth”, and SAAP would say there are definitely elements of both that people like.
Launching of Project “GAANDIVA” is kind of like both the change and the growth:
You can go very quickly and turn fast.
Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh proudly announces that The Government of ANDHRA PRADESH is on it’s run and launching a project called “GAANDIVA”.
“GANDIVA”- the Bow of Arjuna. It was offered by the God Agni to Arjuna during the khandava-daha Parva (war between Pandavas and Naga tribes). The GANDIVA represents the wielder’s self-confidence, self-belief in themselves that comes out from their hard work and toil.
According to Dr. N. Bangara Raju, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh concluded that this prestigious project will revolutionize the sports in Andhra Pradesh, and the basic objective is to generate excellence in sports from very early state to create a competitive edge at all National and International events.
GAANDIVA – “THE VISION”
- The main VISION of the project “GAANDIVA” is to produce young talented sports enthusiasts to grab medals at OLYMPICS and at other National and International events.
GAANDIVA – THE OBJECTIVE
- The main objective of this project is to identify and groom talented young and school level students from the grass-root level.
- It is focusing on developing the core personality of every student so that they create a competitive edge at every National and international event. It aims at achieving healthy and competitive sports.
- Filtering among them and selecting the outstanding sports fanatics by conducting the physical tests, consists of 7levels.
- Expose the selected candidates to the National and International Level training methods.
- It also aims at providing both the nutritious diet and incentives to the selected students along with sports attire.
- The programme has successfully implemented in all the schools of Andhra Pradesh on 30 June 2018.
- The project also aims at infrastructure development such as setting up sports schools and playfields to identify the talent from the grass root level.
- It has been incessantly working on Rural as well as Tribal areas for developing each and every edge of Andhra Pradesh and to grab talented students for the project development.
- The project is also in a thought of using improved technology riggings to establish a sound institution and to analyze performance for the selection process.
- The main aim is to set a benchmark for sports by producing outstanding sports personalities from Andhra Pradesh so that Andhra Pradesh State would remain No.1 in Sports across India.
GAANDIVA – THE EXECUTION
- The project gaandiva for the execution will select 100 top schools for training purposes.
- Out of the selected candidates for physical tests, 70-80 (boys and girls) will be filtered among them and will be sent to the selected schools for training and development.
- This process will take place as a Hub and Spoke model.
- It also includes upgradation of Acharya Nagarjuna University as a hub, multi-centers and training centers will be structured for student coaching.
- The international reputed instructors from Jamaica, South Africa, and Europe will be placed at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur to nurture and rejuvenate the 100 Physical teachers of the state, who in turn train the selected candidates of their respective institutions.
The project “GANDIVA” will be formally launched on 24th July 2018, this project will be inaugurated at Vidhyadharpurum by our Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Nara Chandra Babu Naidu, along with twenty sports icons across India.
The launch program will also be streaming live on 24th July on SAAP official Facebook, Instagram, Twitter handles with the aim to access worldwide. Please like and share the posts advertised by the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh(SAAP) and stay tuned for more updates.